TomTom Map is one of the product of Dutch company named as TomTom whose main offerings are GPS navigation software and devices, digital maps, sports watches, action cameras etc. in various countries. Some of the main offerings of TomTom map are as follows:
- traffic knowledge
- helps to comprehend the route with recent map
Need to update the map
If we are using the TomTom map on our navigation device and it is working very smoothly. Then, a thought arises in our mind that if we are not facing any issue or we are completely satisfied with the TomTom Map service, why should we update the map?
Well, there are many reasons for you to update the map. Some of them are as follows:
- Company provides new features.
- Errors in map are resolved.
- Freshness of the map is maintained.
- To make map more secure.
- Improve GPS accuracy.
It also depends on the location where you live. If you are thinking that you will be fine with the same version for a few years, then you may be wrong. It is because, there could be new development on roads which will not be available on the older version of the TomTom map.
While for some users, who are habitual of the older version of the TomTom map may not be happy while using the latest version of it. As in the latest version, the look and feel of the map also changes.
TomTom Map Update Availability
The TomTom Map is updated regularly after a period of every three months. Now the main question which arises in our mind is whether the update is paid or free. Well the updates for TomTom Map are paid, while in some cases it can be updated for free.
How to update TomTom map?
To update TomTom map, follow the instructions given below:
- Install TomTom Home on your system. After that, connect your computer with the device.
- Log in to your TomTom account.
- In the Menu, click on Tools and select ‘Use the latest map Guarantee’ option.
- It will check for the latest updates whether it is available or not.
- If the newer version of map is available it will be displayed on screen.
- You just have to click on download button to download the latest version. After that your map will be updated successfully.
Note: If you have recently purchased a new device, you will be notified about the updates through email for the first 90 days.
Various Plans to update your TomTom Map?
The main procedure for updating TomTom Map for paid version is almost same as listed above. The key point is that which plan to choose for updating the map. First, you have to visit the TomTom shop on their official website. There you will see a list of various plans to update the map depending on the region where you live and in the same way the price varies for TomTom Map.
Once you have selected a map according to your convenience, thereafter you will find three options:
- Single Map Download : It will only provide you the latest version of TomTom Map single time for a particular price.
- Map Update Service ( 1 Year) : It will provide you the latest version of map in addition to next four updates for free. For this, you have to pay a price a little bit higher than that of single map download.
- Map Update Service (1.5 Years) : It will provide you the latest version of map in addition to next 6 updates absolutely free. You will find this option as the most expensive, but if you want to use TomTom Map for a longer period, then this will be the best option for you.
Compatibility of Map Version on your Device
Before buying TomTom Map latest version, you must ensure that the device you are using is compatible for that TomTom Map version or not. To do this, visit the official website of TomTom Map i.e. www.tomtom.com. There you will find an option ‘Update’ located in the Menu at the top of the page. When you click on it, a page will be opened. On the left hand side of the page, a simple device checker is present in which you have to enter the first 2 characters of your device serial number and press Enter. Then it will tell you that whether your device is compatible for the latest version of TomTom Map or not. if ‘Yes’ you can follow the above mentioned procedure to update the map else you can use the same version which you are currently using.
Features which are included in the previous versions of TomTom Map through Updates
- Coverage of more countries around the world.
- Includes millions of restaurants, hotels and other points of interest.
- Comes with local speed limits and updates them time to time.
- Look and feel of the map also changes time to time in order to enhance the experience of user.
- tomtom via 52 update
- tomtom via 53 update
- tomtom via 62 update
- tomtom via 130/135 update
- tomtom via live 125 update
- tomtom via 125 update
- tomtom via 110 update
- tomtom via 120 update
- tomtom via live 120 update
- tomtom start 62 update
- tomtom start 52 update
- tomtom start 42 update
- tomtom start 60 update
- tomtom start 60/via 620 (2012) update
- tomtom start 50 update
- tomtom start 40 update
- tomtom start 25 update
- tomtom start 20 update
- tomtom startclassic update
- tomtom start update
- tomtom go 6200 wi fi update
- tomtom go 5200 wi-fi update
- tomtom go 620 wi-fi update
- tomtom go 520 wi-fi update
- tomtom go 6000/6100 update
- tomtom go 600/610 update
- tomtom go 5000/5100 update
- tomtom go 500/510 update
- tomtom go 400 update
- tomtom go 60/61 update
- tomtom go 50/51 update
- tomtom go 40 update
- tomtom go 1005/go 2050 update
- tomtom go live 1000 update
- tomtom go live 820 update
- tomtom go live 825 update
- tomtom go 950 live update
- tomtom go 950 update
- tomtom go 750 live update
- tomtom go 740 live update
- tomtom go 650 live update
- tomtom go 540 live update
- tomtom go update
- tomtom go 930 update
- tomtom go 730 update
- tomtom go 630 update
- tomtom go 530 update
- tomtom go 920 update
- tomtom go 720 update
- tomtom go 510 update
- tomtom go 700 update
- tomtom go 500(2005) update
- tomtom go 300 update
- tomtom go update
- tomtom one XL update
- tomtom one IQ routes update
- tomtom one 30 series update
- tomtom one 3rd edition update
- tomtom one 1st edition update
- tomtom XL/XXL IQ routes/xxl classic update
- tomtom XL live IQ routes update
- tomtom XL IQ Routes/ XL classic update
- tomtom XL IQ routes tomtom XL 30 series update
- tomtom curfer update